Sports massage is suitable for athletes of all levels – from the many elite and world class athletes that we see, to the weekend jogger or cyclist. We work with many local sporting clubs including:
- Mandurah Magic
- Peel Thunder
- Mandurah Triathlon Club
Sports massage is tailored specifically to the athlete’s sport of choice and often towards the specific injury or “problem area” that they have. These problem areas are often caused by overuse, high repetition of use or from aggressive movements associated with sports.
Typically, a sports massage is a vigorous and often deep tissue massage. This style of massage has been shown to both enhance pre-event preparation, and reduce recovery times for maximum performance during training or after an event.
Sports massage can treat a variety of ailments and injuries that can result from exercise.
Some of the benefits of sports massage include:
- Reduce muscle tension and improve flexibility
- Improved recovery times post event or post training
- Improved sports specific performance
- Improvement in heart rate, blood pressure, circulation & lymph flow
- Remedy of injuries that occur from overexertion or overuse
Some of the common conditions that we see for sports massage include:
- Shin Splints
- Tennis Elbow
- Joint Sprains & Muscle Strains
- “Corked” thighs and backs
- Back and Neck pain associated with sport