Remedial massage is given with the intention to remedy or cure specific ailments of the body. It is a very thorough and precise massage, utilising various specialised massage techniques, that can be applied to any part of the body. Remedial massage can be a whole of body massage where the therapist identifies areas of tension of “knots” and treats these as they go. It can also be a very targeted session focussing on a specific problem area – such as a “leg session”, “neck session” and so forth. For a targeted session it is recommended that a 30-minute or 1-hour session is booked, for a whole body session a minimum of 1-hour is required and a 90-minute session will provide maximal pain relief and stress removal.
Remedial massage is applied directly to the skin using different massage oils and lotions selected based upon your condition which ensures the muscles and joints associated with your problem are deeply massaged.
The benefits of Remedial massage are large and varied due to the number of techniques used and the areas of the body suitable for this type of massage.
Some benefits include:
• Stimulation of the blood supply to the muscles allowing the toxins of the muscles to be removed.
• Calming of the peripheral nervous system to ease pain and discomfort
• Toning and relaxing of muscles to improve flexibility and joint mobility
• Targeted treatment to remedy specific aches and pains
Remedial massage can benefit almost all musculoskeletal (muscle and bone/joint) conditions, so if you’re condition is not listed here, click on the contact us page and ask us if you are unsure if your condition is suitable for remedial massage.
Some common conditions we see include:
• Lower, Middle Back and Neck Pain (including headaches)
• Arthritis of the joints
• Sports & Dancing Injuries
• Shoulder pain (including frozen shoulder), Elbow pain (including tennis elbow), Wrist Pain
• Hip & Buttock Pain, Knee Pain & Ankle/Foot Pain